Strawberry Picking News and Updates- Sunshine Farm
June 5, 2020
The 2020 pick your own strawberry season will open in mid June. Check back for the official opening date. Call us at 508-655-5022 for picking conditions.
We have a great crop with two new fields for strawberry picking!
*DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT SUNSHINE FARM
2020 Pick Your Own Strawberry Information
Here at Sunshine Farm we are making some changes due to COVID-19. We following guidelines from Mass. Department of Agriculture (MDAR) for the safety of our workers and customers. Click here to see the full Bulletin released by MDAR
Pick your own strawberries will be open daily at 8AM until noon . We will limit the number of pickers daily to enter the fields based on capacity for proper distancing. Therefor we may have to limit check ins to 8am to 10am daily to allow for picking time. Please check Facebook for daily updates and conditions during the season.
New Strawberry Picking Pricing:
Each person over 2 is required to purchase one quart for $8.00 to enter the field. Larger sizes are available to purchase if desired. Two quart container $15.00. Four quart container $28.00. We will no longer be selling by weight. This safer system allows for less handling between customers and staff. There is no entry fee
Strawberry Picking COVID-19 Response:
- Masks are required to be worn by all staff and guests (ages 2+). Please bring your own mask to wear while visiting the farm.
- Gloves will always be worn by Sunshine Farm employees.
- Handwashing immediately prior to entering the strawberry field is required by all strawberry pickers. Handwashing stations will be provided on site.
- Please, no eating while in the strawberry field.
- Containers will be provided to you at check in. Please, do not bring your own containers to pick into. Outside containers will not be permitted.
- Field capacity will be limited to the acreage guidelines per MDAR.
- Please adhere to ground markers to maintain 6 ft of distancing between the next customer group while waiting in line.
- When picking, please always maintain a minimum of 6ft between your group and the next closest customer group (distancing does not apply between members within your customer group).
- Please check in at farmstand before entering field.
Due to food safety regulations, we kindly ask that all pets are left at home.
Please check in at farm stand to purchase container before entering field.
Children must be accompanied with an adult.
No reusable container at this time.
Please pick in designated areas.
Enjoy your day. Thanks for your support!